Monday, June 13, 2011

Did I Tell You About My New Book?

Writers are worse than grandparents sometimes at extolling the virtues of their newest addition. I am often surprised at how many authors NEED to tell me the plot of their book, from page one to the end. Um, why should I buy the book when you just told me the WHOLE THING???? Anyway.

I have a new suspense novel out this month called SHAKESPEARE'S BLOOD. Here's what you need to know about it:

While touring Britain, Mercedes Maxwell finds a handwritten notebook that claims William Shakespeare had a brother named John who was an agent for James I of England. Captured by outlaws, John died rather than reveal the location of a trove of Spanish gold. When someone is willing to kill for the notebook, Mercedes realizes that the story might be true.
In a reign of terror, those who know about the notebook are murdered and left posed as characters from Shakespearean tragedy. Solving the book’s clues is the only way to stop the killing, but although Mercedes can call on several people for help, she fears that none of them can be trusted where treasure is concerned.
The unraveling of the clues becomes even more critical as the killer turns his sights on Mercedes. The message from the man who called himself John Shakespeare leads her across Britain in a terrifying race to find the treasure, to stay alive, and to learn the secrets of Shakespeare’s blood.
You can buy it for Kindle now. Nook, although slower, is working on it.
Intrigued? Oh, I hope so. Here's the buy link to Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Shakespeares-Blood-ebook/dp/B0053GCTLE/ref=sr_1_6?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1307965956&sr=1-6#sfmsg_-7890@@

2 comments:

Maryannwrites said...

Great cover art. The story sounds intriguing.

Author Peg Herring said...

Thanks, Maryann. I have NO eye for a cover, but smarter people generally have control of that!