Sunday, August 29, 2010

Inception

I figure it never hurts to blog about something that's going on right now.



Having never embedded a video I hope the above works.
I saw Inception with my son a week ago. He's an aspiring filmmaker and is into the odder movies. And so am I so it's fun that I can see these movies with him.
Inception stars Leonardo DiCaprio. He's someone who can go into other people's dreams. It's more complicated than that, but let's say there are some cons involved.
It's a movie you have to pay attention to or else you will miss something.
The video above made me laugh, that's why I shared it

So what does this have to do with crime?
Some of my best ideas come from dreams. Others come from me saying, "Well, how would I have done that movie/book/show?"
Or how can I kill someone using the premise of this movie? Corpse Whisperer was me twisting the show Tru Calling to fit what I wanted to happen.
My youngest son often says he wishes he could read my mind. I say really? You know how twisted I can be. Why would you want to be immersed in that? He doesn't usually have an answer.

So, if you've ever wondered where a writer got their idea? Find out what movie they saw right before they wrote it.

1 comment:

Marilyn Meredith a.k.a. F. M. Meredith said...

I have weird dreams and I can usually figure out where they came from and they almost always end with me looking for a bathroom and having trouble finding on. And I wake up and go you know where.

Inception was weird. I liked it, but still thought it was weird. Probably need to see it again to understand all the layers. I was warned to pay attention in the beginning--glad I did because the ending made sense.

Marilyn